Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How do I start a high school track and field invite?

I'm a high school senior and for the past two years of running track, our team has been wanting to create one but never really thought about it. Is there a way I can set a track invite up for about 4 or 5 schools by May or June?





What all do I need to make it successful?|||Don't the track coaches usually set up all of the meets and organizes everything like that and the kids just run in the races? I am not sure I understand your question.|||Sure, it is easy. Plan it for a saterday morning (before it gets hot) or an afternoon. Have your coaches arrange it- i think it is set up the same way as a dual meet, you just invite more schools. Have a snack/drink stand, as these things usually are longer then normal meets. You also need to decided if it will be varsity and jv racing together, just varsity or jv and varsity separate. This will depend on how many schools you invite, you want to have alot of runners but not too many. Medals are usually awarded at this type of thing but if you cant get any tee shirts are nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment